Monday, July 14, 2014

Sew Special: Curtains and Hats

I did not get to do much sewing while on vacation, but some new pieces of fabric did find their way home with me.  One piece was just enough to make some new curtains for Aunt E's house.  Hopefully, the mail carrier will be dropping them off on her front porch very soon. I love how they turned out.  The fabric is a large print and it was just a smidge more than 3 yards, so it required some careful calculating to get all three matched up. When the light is coming through them they remind me of stained glass windows.
Here they are untied:

 Tied up:
 And without with light behind them:

Yay! And yesterday I spent some time helping Aunt Sunshine learn how to knit.  We started with my favorite Gnomey Baby Hat pattern
Here is what a few hours Sunday evening left us with:

My demo one is finished because the yarn was super bulky, but I think Aunt Sunshine's is going to be even cuter with the scandinavian-style yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment