Monday, July 14, 2014

Holiday Fun

Both Aunt S and Aunt H had babies in the last 2 weeks so my mom has been in town. We have had a wonderful time visiting, eating, and shopping. Grandpa J helped me fix my clothesline and figure out my phone battery problem. On the 4th of July, everyone went to watch the fireworks across from the fairgrounds. Here is brother M in his traditional firework watching pose. 

Since we had lots of family in town, hubby and I took advantage of the free babysitting and had a getaway weekend at National Harbor.



The hotel is beautiful and has a fantastic pool. (I chose it based on the pool).  Here we are on the boardwalk the first evening just before our yummy seafood dinner.

 Here is the night time view from outside our 18th floor room.

Some daytime views:


I swam 2 miles and read a novel cover to cover undisturbed. It was very relaxing.  We went to see a movie and had tasty treats from the local shops.

No comments:

Post a Comment