Sunday, July 7, 2013

Homeschooling Summary for Last Week

This may be our last week "home schooling" with the cousins since my SIL has a new job now and I probably won't be watching the cousins 2 days a week anymore. But never fear grandparents, we will have lots of photo worthy play dates.

Our weather has continued to be wetter than ever. Last week I decided that we needed to get outside in spite of the weather conditions - the kiddos were all for it.


This could be called "child labor" rather than "home schooling", but to be clear - they WANTED to help make the diaper cake for my friend's baby shower. It was new and exciting to them. They made quick work of wrapping about 80 baby diapers too. 

Here is the finished diaper cake. One of you dear readers will recognize several elements of this cake as your very own contribution to its beauty. Thank you, thank you. You are an inspired friend.

 And yes, that is a new rug in the living room - the Ikea one that I have been wishing for for about 8 months now. I was holding off on getting it until I finished making white slipcovers for all the LR furnishings. More on that next week...


 Here we are using these awesome Clifford the Big Red Dog educational brochures that a friend passed along to me. We did one about the seashore, one on caterpillars, one on the alphabet, and one on fruits.
Pretending to be inch worms as part of the caterpillar brochure.


No comments:

Post a Comment