Monday, July 15, 2013

Home Schooling Summary for Last Week

I am feeling bad calling this "home schooling" at this point, since it is mostly just a project here or there.  Mentally, I am on summer vacation I think.
This was a very busy week of watching the cousins plus my own kiddos all day from Monday to Thursday. We did some fun crafty projects and I worked on my knitting a little bit here and there.

Awhile back our lovely friends sent us this treasure of a book:


We used it for an Easter play date earlier this year. And this week we did 2 other activities from it with the cousins. It is great because it does not just include the paper press out pieces, but also has stickers and directions for making the other parts of the dramatization, like hats, wands, spell books and awards.

1. Wizarding


Wizard books and wands made from recycled cereal/food boxes 




2. Equestrian Fun


Loving this funny new pose of A 




And then we just had some fun playing in the cousin's new bug tent. Imagination is a beautiful thing.




Last week I mentioned that we were preparing to help with a baby shower at a friend's house. Here are a few quick shots of the results.
Hydrangea's from my garden


I made the tiered plates and the fruit skewers. Also I added the tulle around the table.

And here is the bunting that I made. I wish I had a better picture of  it

No comments:

Post a Comment