Sunday, May 5, 2013

Recommended Reading: Beautiful Creatures

I would call this a twinkie book. It did not have much substance, but was fun while it lasted. The kind of book that is best devoured in a couple bites. I read it in 2 days. At first, I was afraid that it was too dark and mysterious and it remained mysterious all the way through the end, but not dark.  It was from the now cliche family of witch/vampire books, but had some fun twists to it. I don't think that I would ever have picked it out on my own, but my old college roommate recommended it on GoodReads and my local library had it. It is a good book for a long plane ride or leisurely beach time.

There are 2 more books in the series. And apparently there is already a movie of it? I am so behind in my pop culture!

No comments:

Post a Comment