Sunday, July 14, 2013

Garden Progress: Harvesting Greens and Cabbage

This week I processed and froze about 4 pounds of kale and collards. I cleared out all the broccoli and cauliflower remains. I harvested about 12 small-ish heads of red cabbage. They are currently shredded, salted, and waiting to be canned using the "Spiced Red Cabbage" recipe from the Ball Canning book. I am always trying to find more/better canning books, but I keep coming back to the Ball Canning book. It is a classic. The only thing that I don't love about it is that it does not include enough suggestions for meals using the canned items. I also finally had room to transplant the last of my leek and tomatillo seedlings into the garden. I do not know if they will have time to finish growing. I planted some white runner beans in the sunflower bed and some zinnias.


No comments:

Post a Comment