Sunday, July 2, 2023

Upstate New York Birthday Trip

*This post is about a month old. I was waiting to post it until I had the "good" pictures from my dad's camera* 

We drove up to my dad's house in upstate NY for my birthday weekend. On Saturday, we hiked up Fillmore Glen State Park's gorge trail and visited Buttermilk Falls. The trails were clean and well kept with lots of stone and stone steps. 
















After our hiking adventures we drove to the Dairy Barn, an ice cream store that I used to ride my bike to when I was a kid.  I pointed out the petting zoo where I worked when I was 15 and we drove by the house that I grew up in. 

For my birthday we had pizza from our family's favorite restaurant -- Aniello's in Corning. I tried pickle pizza for the first time and it was yummy. 

My dad made me a gluten free, vegan, no refined sugar birthday carrot cake with creamy cashew frosting. It was a little dense (no eggs), but very tasty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment