Sunday, June 27, 2021

Family Fun: Father's Day, Imprinted Duckling, and Chemistry Lab

 Our fifth batch of ducklings hatched in the incubator -- that's over 100 so far this summer. Most have already been sold.  One of the ducklings in this fifth clutch hatched earlier than her fellows and seems to really like us.  We think hearing our voices might have helped her imprint on us to a certain degree.  

The kids call her Penny.  They have been carrying her around for days.
She especially likes to be on shoulders and in the crook of a neck. 
She snuggled with brother S while he had a tummy ache.
Here is the requisite toddler spaghetti picture for Baby A.  Homemade noodles and sauce. He loved it. 
The kids made hubby his Father's Day breakfast in bed with no help from me.  Waffles, smoothie, and Lucky Charms.  He got to read his book most of the day and nap.  I did his kitchen chore for him.

I finally painted the kitchen ceiling. It's been driving me crazy for the last four years. Ever since I tried to scrub it during my first Spring cleaning and found that it was flat paint and even un painted plaster in some places.  
Now it is a nice washable semi-gloss. About 75% of the time I spent working on it was preparation - gathering supplies, plastering holes (patching a spot where a leak had come through), taping edges, hanging drop cloths, and covering the floor with brown paper.  I used our extender pole for the roller part. That was a life saver for my neck after cutting in with the brush.
We have been studying Chemistry for the past couple months. We had a pH meter from checking our well water so I decided it would be a fun lab experiment for the kids to check the pH of various liquids. 

We received a delectable box of goodies in the mail from my French host sister. 
Baby A stuffed the madeleines in his face as fast as he could.  I think he liked them!

No comments:

Post a Comment