Sunday, March 21, 2021

Goodbye Gross Carpet!

I usually forget to take "before" pictures when I do big projects.  I took a few minutes to savor this moment though. I've been wanting to rip out this carpet for FIVE years. 
Goodbye gross pathway between the kitchen and playroom. Goodbye crumb and dirt collecting fibers. Goodbye melted burn marks in front of the wood stove. 
And just like that I cut it and they rolled it.  The kids thought this whole project was great fun. 

And then out with the squishy underlayer.
And then FINALLY I was able to see and vacuum up all the little piles of gross dust bunnies under the carpet. 
And the kids LOVED pulling out the staples! We sat in there for about two hours merrily listening to a book on Libby and pulling staples.  What a good day.
Other than Miss L running through with no shoes and getting a staple in her big toe, it has been a glorious project. The tile guy might be coming on Tuesday this week, but if not, no big deal. I can wait. I am just so glad to be rid of that carpeting. 







No comments:

Post a Comment