Sunday, February 25, 2018

Family Schooling Summary: Outdoor Play

I am still trying hard to make time for outdoor learning and play. Here are my methods so far:
#1. Keep saying, "Good. I am glad you are bored. Go invent a fun game." 5-10 times... sometimes more. Then they finally think of something and get into it for a long time.
 

#2. Drive them somewhere cool like the wooden slide park.




 



#3. Give them a list of ideas and help them get started. 
I suggested that that they could make a fairy garden. They were not sure. I worked with them on it the first afternoon and they have continued to add to it since then.  They made some clay fairy houses that I took to pottery class to be fired. We bought some flower seeds for them to plant in there too when it gets warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment