Sunday, January 21, 2018

Farm Fresh: Stump Grinding

 Over Christmas vacation we rented a stump grinder. It was the last phase of taking clearing the land behind the barn and garden. The weather was very cold, but dry and clear.  I counted about 40 stumps one day when I wandered around the yard. Some of them were 3 feet wide or more.
 I am so grateful for this hard working husband of mine. Power tools with blades really scare me.

 We have been using our wood stove a lot this winter. We've burned about 2 cords so far.  Part of that is that we are still learning how to use and adjust the wood stove. It makes our main floor extra toasty. The kids always gather in the den, where the wood stove is, to do their school work.
 Shark follows me around while I am doing chores. Sometimes she even leads the way, she knows the routines so well.
 
 We have had several dustings of snow and ice.




 I worry about them sledding too far down the driveway. They know that that green transformer box is as far as they are allowed to go.




No comments:

Post a Comment