Sunday, July 30, 2017

Farm Fresh: Progress update for July

The Goosie goosies are so friendly. They are coming up to check out the camera, knowing that I usually have treats for them.



Afflac the Muscovy mama sat on that second batch of eggs, but none hatched. I am not sure why. Now I am slowly kicking her and baby duck out of the chicken coop.
 This little duck family is very cute -- all hanging out together.
 Our three home hatched chicks have also been roaming free this week.
 The rainbow ranger ladies are all laying eggs now. We have been eating a lot of double yokers (since that is what often happens when hens begin laying).
The turkeys are also very friendly and tend to welcome people who come up the driveway. They have some bad habits as well. Like perching on the bed of hubby's truck. 

 And eating all around the edge of my garden - or poking their heads in to attack very tasty melons.
 The guineas like to hang out near the turkeys.  I think that was a lucky combination. The guineas and turkeys both like to eat bugs. And the turkeys deter hawks from attacking the small guineas.

 The geese also make trouble at times - eating the herbs in my herb garden like a salad.
Their is not much to say about the rabbits right now. The newest kits are growing up. I am planning to breed all 4 does in October so that we will have about 20 kits available for sale at Christmas time. Or I could just keep them. I cannot have too much rabbit manure for the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment