Sunday, March 6, 2016

First Home Projects

Of course there are a zillion things on our "to do" list for the new house. I have to keep reminding myself, "one thing at a time".  First, empty all the boxes...

Just like we did in the kitchen of our old house, we are planning to replace all the low hanging brown ceiling fans with white flush mount ones.

Forgot to take a before picture... Just imagine a big bronze and brown bladed fan. And here is the after:

Now it blends in nicely with the ceiling. One down. 6 more to go.

 The first room I organized was the library.  All the books are put away by subject and reading level.  The pretty ones are going to be merged with some botanical type decor as I acquire it. More to come on that as I get it all fixed up. 

In the meantime, I couldn't help sewing up a couple quick throw pillows with some of my botanical type fabrics!

 
 We found a 2 of the Ikea Hemnes Daybeds on craigslist. They have nice storage drawers and pull out to a queen size bed. We put one in the girls' room. That means that once the bunks are put together each child will actually have their own bed...  I am not sure they will ever stop wanting to sleep together though.  They are currently all sleeping on A's bed, which is pulled out to queen size.

I think the second one will eventually be for baby L (so the girls will have matching beds in their room).  For now it is the guest bed in the office/guest room.  

I wanted it to look like a couch so I made a zipped cover for the mattress with a canvas drop cloth (leftover from the primary nativity performance).  I also had these 2 khaki canvas couch pillow covers that I found in Ikea's As-Is bins for a dollar each.  I was not sure what to put in them, but finally I decided to fill them up with the extra bed pillows. That will work for now and be handy to pull out when guests come.

 And a couple quick throw pillows to keep the colors from killing me with their neutral-ness. Now we just need some guests to come and test it out!







No comments:

Post a Comment