Monday, November 23, 2015

Road Trip: Arkansas Outdoors

We went to an amazing drive through safari in Arkansas.  They had all kinds of animals. Herds of antelopes, deer, water buffalo, and similar animals roamed the open acres in the drive through safari part. We saw wolves, tigers, hippos, leopards, and monkeys in large cages as we drove through as well. An emu came up and pecked on the window of the car.  We had to wait for camels to cross the road. 



In the petting zoo portion of the park the kiddos fed potbelly pigs, goats, alpacas, ponies, and kangaroos.


Brother M wanted to say "Hi" to each kangaroo and he went around and gave them all a pat, making sure not to miss anyone.

 The kangaroos were my favorite. I have never petted one before this. I followed this mama for awhile watching her wiggling pouch and waiting for the joey to pop his head out.


We also got closer to a lion than I have ever been before. It was only a few feet away. She had an Australian shepherd in the cage with her.  They were playing like siblings.


Big sister A's favorite part was feeding the giraffes.  It was amazing getting so close to them and their big black tongues.




Baby L's favorite was the rabbits. She kept putting her hand in the pen and I was afraid they would nibble her. Luckily they were super friendly.

Then we went on a little hike to a local creek and waterfall. Brother S was a bit scared walking on the trail by himself and wanted to hold my hand.  I think he was afraid that it was a road.



It's so amazing to me how much the kids love being outside and make their own fun without much interference from me.


No comments:

Post a Comment