Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Painting the Deck

While the kiddos were busy working like beavers, I was painting the deck. I have had to do it every other year to keep it in good shape.  This is my 3rd round.  Each time I try something new.  This year I talked to a contractor at the Sherwin Williams store around the corner. Both he and the girl at the counter recommended that I try "Super Deck" which he said is a knock off of "Deck Helmet".  It has a 5 year warranty, even on the old yucky deck surfaces like ours. I figure it can't be any worse than anything else that I have tried. I prepared the surface by sweeping it and giving it a good scrub with the tsp/bleach recipe that I used last time. I scrubbed off as much of the old flaky paint as possible and rinsed it thoroughly.  Then I let it dry for a day and swept off any remaining flakes.

Here are the before shots:


And here is the after: 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you posted this. We are needing to paint our deck soon. I'll have to try that kind of paint! I don't want to paint every other year.

    ReplyDelete