Sunday, June 16, 2013

Garden Progress: Growing like weeds

This has been the best summer (weather-wise) I've had in all my 8 years here in Maryland. It is nice and cool and rainy. I think the plants would do well with a bit more sun and less rain, but they are still growing like weeds.

Here is a broad overview:

Blackberries

The Honeyberry bushes seem to  like their new  home and are showing lots of new growth

Peaches

Only two apples survived the deer

It's a good year for broccoli - cool and wet

We've eaten these peas like snow peas and also shelled some with the kiddos

Kale and lettuce

The first pepper is out - we need to wait for it to get red though


Red Cabbages

Corn growing tall with cucumbers growing up the stalks

Eggplant and corn are good companion plants

My favorite new addition - 3 red currant plants.  I am planting them in 2 different locations , trying to see which they like better

Black Rasberries taking hold. I hope they will eventually be trellised to cover the radon pipe on the side of our house

Oregano from our neighbors

The first tomatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment