Sunday, May 16, 2021

Family Fun: Lancaster Dairy, Radishes, and Ropes Course

 We have started to notice a gradual increase in the number of cicadas around.  I found this one in the garden the other day.  I'm still waiting for the full invasion, but I feel fairly prepared with all the trees netted. 

I am so grateful for my kids willingness to do an hour of "garden chores" every day.  It really adds up to a lot of help. And they are getting so good at doing things like planting, weeding, and harvesting! Harvesting is the most fun of course. They asked me this week whether harvesting strawberries will be our next garden chore. I don't need to ask anyone to do that though, everyone is anxiously watching them turn pink. Harvesting/thinning radishes is still a chore though, and Miss L got her turn this week. Next week is Brother S's turn. Harvesting is a very sought after garden chore in the spring. As we roll into summer and it starts to be an every day project, they get less and less excited about it. 
We visited Shenk's Ferry Wildflower Preserve on our way to Lancaster.  I think we missed the peak bloom time, but we still had a beautiful hike and fun playing in the creek. 


It was a warm day -- perfect for some Butter Brickle at Lapp Valley Farm. 
First calf licks for Baby A. 
Big sister A went with the youth from church on a ropes course Saturday.  She had a wonderful time. 

They wore harnesses the whole time and did different levels of challenges. 


No comments:

Post a Comment