Sunday, January 26, 2020

Family Fun: Sweatshirts and Pinewood Derby

 
We did our semi annual "clothing sort" earlier this month; we made sure there were no summer clothes mixed in, got rid of all the holey/stained/worn out items (2 trash bags full!), and catalogued what things they needed more of.  One of the things they all needed were more long sleeve t-shirts/warm shirts -- so I worked on that a bit this week.  The kids started working on their pinewood derby car designs and construction. 


 Unfortunately, we also killed the car's battery this week.  Big sister A said she knew how to start it and so I sent her out ahead of us to do that, but apparently she did not turn the key all the way and it finished off a battery that was already about due to be changed. Yes, we tried repeatedly to jump it, but it was so dead that it still wouldn't start. At least it wasn't the alternator or any other major thing.  It was due for its winter check-up and an oil change etc. so it all worked out fine.
Hubby's company party was this weekend...  I did a little calculating on the way there.  Of the 11 or so (one was snowed out I believe) that we have attended since our marriage I have been pregnant for 5 of them! The formal dress was no problem. I just used one of my old ones.  They always have a yummy dinner and a photo booth. It was downtown with free valet parking this year. 


Things that went un-photographed -- I feel like there are so many things each week that I need to start documenting them better here (as the blog is a kind of our family journal).   This week: Hubby worked on the high tunnel doors; I cleared another section of brambles; I taught my "goal setting" class to the activity day boys (will be teaching the YW this week);  we gave the house a good scrub in preparation for hosting the primary "baptism preview" activity earlier this afternoon; planted more seeds; did a big baking day also in preparation for the baptism preview; swimming lessons; guitar and piano lessons; and of course the usual morning school work and evening chores. The Klondike derby was rescheduled due to rain. I ruined a batch of duck eggs I was incubating (You are supposed to leave the cover off 5-10 minutes every day, but I forgot to put it back on!!! Mommy brain).

No comments:

Post a Comment