Sunday, February 24, 2019

Family Schooling: Hapkido, Preschool classes, Master Builders, and Snow days

Big sister A and brother M heard from FW that hapkido was tons of fun.  They are glad they decided to try it this session. They have already learned some fun moves and I think it is helping M's coordination a lot. 
 I am one of the assistant teachers in the class so I get to stay for the whole lesson and even help out with sparing.  I love that it teaches them self-defense moves -- like what to do if someone grabs them from behind or grabs their shirt sleeve.

 Miss L's preschool class was out on the parking lot this week making chalk drawings since the weather was so warm. Of course she wanted me to help her draw rainbows and unicorns.  The boys and I drew a dragon and a sword.

 The master builders teacher emailed me these pictures so they are a bit blurry.  Their first week's challenge was to see which team could build the tallest structure with pipe cleaners.
We had a quick and pretty type snow on Wednesday.  It melted the next day.  The chickens usually don't march out into the snow like this... still a mystery why they ventured so far from home in the white stuff. 

 On the other hand, the parka wearing furry buddies are so happy when it snows.  They run around tackling each other and leaping about with wolfish grins. I can just hear them in my mind, "Best day ever!!" they say.   It is hard to get a clear picture of them because they immediately run to greet me.  I as trying to get a picture of them relaxing out there on the snow like it was a nice comfy pile of hay.
 These kids are pretty happy to roll around in the snow too.


No comments:

Post a Comment