Sunday, December 24, 2017

T'was the week before Christmas

 It took me a long time to get the tree lit this year. For one thing it is extra tall -- 9ft or so, and secondly I had to get some technical training in electrical engineering in order to light it with these 3,000 beautiful little white lights. I put the first 1000 lights on the tree and off again twice before I realized what the problem was. The short version is that I tried to connect too many strands of lights together and kept blowing fuses in the earlier strands. I learned that no more than 500 lights can be strung together,  to connect everything back to a couple power strips (only way to have enough outlets for that many lights), and how to replace the tiny fuses in the plugs of Christmas lights. Several people have already told me that switching to LEDs would solve my problem, but they are about 5 times as expensive and would have been 400$ for the 3000 bulbs required.  I know. I almost ordered them from Home Depot after the second day of wrestling with this project!  Looking at it every day has made the effort worth it. And now I know what to do for next year.
  I was in charge of decorating for the church Christmas party this year and we had some extra greenery leftover.  I put it to good use on the banisters:
 Christmas in the dining room:
 Freehand copy on on my chalkboard of something that I saw online:
  
We had some rainy days this week-- wet dogs.
 It is fun to play in the rain with puppies:

We made our traditional visit to Brookeside Gardens Christmas train exhibit:





Big sister A had some friends over for a "Late-Nighter" -- everyone has decided that sleepovers are not safe so we just let the kids hang out together until late. They had a lot of fun holding bunnies and crafting. 






No comments:

Post a Comment