Sunday, April 30, 2017

Farm Fresh: Big Sister's Ducklings

 We got a call from the hatchery saying that our ducklings and goslings were going to be delayed. Then of course we went to Tractor Supply for some feed and they had tubs of cute ducklings. Big sister A really wanted some right away. They had some varieties (Black Swedish, Welsh Harlequin, and Rouen) that were different than the ones I had on order.  I encourage the kiddos to help with the animals as much as they are willing to, but it is mostly me doing the heavy lifting.  I was okay with getting a few more ducklings as long as they were not my responsibility. So we talked to daddy and big sister A brought home her very own 6 ducklings to care for.  She has been doing a great job.
Ducklings playing in their water are so cute, but they make a huge mess. The bedding needs to be changed about once a week. Here she is getting that all taken care of.


1 comment: