Sunday, May 15, 2016

Family Schooling Summary

I always forget to take pictures of the day-to-day workbook type school work that we do. Here is A working on her spelling and penmanship. She copies down the word list and then I ask her to spell them.

Typical mornings around here go like this.  I wake up around 6 am and run around outside - feeding animals, cleaning coops, working on gardening projects.  Children trickle out of the house to help or play. Around 8 am Baby L wakes up and I go in to make breakfast. Then we get dressed, eat breakfast, and start school. It is a lovely routine. My favorite time of day.

Baby L is loving riding toys.  She can push herself all around the driveway now. It makes me a little nervous because she is not afraid to go fast and just picks up her feet on the hill. I have to keep an eye out or ask M and A to help her.


Baby L and brother S both had ticks on them this week -- of the dog tick variety. We are watching for rashes.

Cousin JJ is in the hospital with pneumonia and so the other cousins were hanging out with us on Saturday.  They have such a great time playing together. They had a dance party in A's room, played dress-up, herded ducks in for the night, picnicked on the deck, did crafts, and...

...made a cake! Another independently led cooking project by Sister A.  I just poured the batter into the pans, loaded the ovens,  and made the frosting.



No comments:

Post a Comment