Sunday, October 11, 2015

Family Schooling Summary

Finally broke out the camera at our nature explorers class (Co-op School).  We explored a nearby creek this week.

Baby S has been ditching his nursery class that hour to come along with me.

We caught a monster crayfish. Made me think of lobster mmmm!

After co-op school I had a meeting with the Fall Festival committee and so the kiddos got to play at a cool local park with this crazy astroturf.  Looks like grass, but it is synthetic. I was not sure about it, but baby L seemed okay with it.


I forgot to bring my camera, but we went to Monster Mini-Golf for Cousin L's birthday party.  They had black lights and lots of scary glowing things. Sort of like golfing in a haunted house.  I was surprised that the kiddos did not seem too scared by it. 




We learned about Frederic Remington in our Meet the Masters class this week. We made western scenes for our project. 


On Friday they had a publicity event at a local Corn Maze/Farm and everything was free. We got a little lost, but eventually had a great time. I met a pig farmer there! He had lots of advice for me and said that he would be happy to help me get started with my project when we get a farm of our own. They had the corn maze, a smaller hay maze, chickens, piglets, mini horses, and goats for us to pet.



They also had a 15 foot tall pumpkin tower.  It looks taller than that doesn't it?




Miss L was anxious to try to make friends with the goats.



The pig farmer demonstrated lassoing for the kiddos. It's harder than it looks.



Baby L got her first tooth this week. I love the look on her face in this picture. Sort of an "Ick. look at your teeth" type expression. 

 Our old neighbors invited us over for potluck and movie night.  It was perfect fall weather for it --just chilly at night. We watched Curious George's Halloween special.




No comments:

Post a Comment