Sunday, July 12, 2015

All-in-One Update

The big news this week is little miss L is pulling herself up.  I keep thinking that she must really want to keep up with her siblings, she is growing up so quick. She has had a couple big tumbles from her new heights.  She also had her 6 month check-up this week and measures 16 lbs 10 oz. and 27 inched tall. 



 Slumber parties have been the name of the game this week.  Last night the kiddos all slept upstairs together. It is perfect timing since I will be repainting their room and the hallway this week.

I almost ripped out these cauliflower plants so many times. With all the rain they did not go to seed and finally made 3 nice heads.


We have lots of self starters in the garden this year. Since I have been focused on the house updates, I just let a lot of them be and set aside my formal garden plan.

 I have several unplanned squash plants growing. I dont usually plant them because of the squash bugs. They are all from seeds in the compost. This one made a nice little pumpkin before the bugs found it.

House progress. I was going to just touch up the paint in the LR and DR, but I kept thinking I should just do a full update to one of the popular grays of decorating lately. I know whoever buys it will want to change it again, but at least this color will be a neutral crowd pleaser.  It is one of Benjamin Moore's best sellers ever, Revere Pewter HC 172:


For some reason it looks way cooler (color tone wise) in my house than in than in all the samples?  It is supposed to be a "warm neutral".  Maybe it is just that we are used to the super warm grello (greenish yellow) that has been on our walls for the last 6 years?  It's pretty and I like it.  Just not what I expected exactly. I will take some more pics when I finish getting it all prettied up.  I took this one after one coat in the LR and nothing in the DR yet.


Here are some pics after the second coat:




 And here are some fabrics for making new throw pillows and such:




No comments:

Post a Comment