Sunday, April 12, 2015

Garden Progress

I pruned all the fruit trees in March and they look a lot healthier. The plum trees are all blooming now. I counted at least 5 different types of pollinators buzzing around this one. Hoping for lots of fruit this year.

A bunch of lettuce varieties self seeded themselves again.  They look like flowers coming up through the leaf mulch.

Our neighbor was tired of having blueberry bushes, but not getting much fruit. He dug them all up and put them by the side of the road. We saved them. Another neighbor took 5 bushes over to his house, we took 5, and we gave about 5-7 more to my brother's family. They might not all survive the transition, but I hate to see a homeless fruit bush.

I think the honeyberry bushes liked the cold winter.  They are all leafed out and covered with blossoms already.  

And my faithful giant rhubarb is shooting up again. It seems to me as though all the plants are growing twice as fast as usual since winter took so long to let go this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment