Thursday, November 2, 2017

Family Schooling Summary

I always forget to take out my camera at the pool. We have been doing homeschool swim lessons twice a week for the last two months. I love it because it is a LONG lesson (1.5 hours) and at a gym so that I can drop the littlest off at the kids club while I swim laps too. The teachers are the swim team coaches too and they do a great job teaching correct technique.  
 Homeschooling means more time for family togetherness! It doesn't take us as long to get through the each day's materials so the kids have time to play together.  I love watching their growing closeness with each other and how well they work together on projects.
 We are doing a Montessori approach to math and reading for brothers M and S. I think it has been great so far... just a little expensive for some materials.
 M and S are taking a cardboard engineering class at co-op.
 Miss L is in the nursery class.
 This is big sister A's gym class called "Old Time Games".
 One of our assignments from A and M's guitar teacher was to go listen to some live bands play.  He gave us some ideas.
 We went to the Railroad Festival in a nearby town to hear the live bands playing there.  The banjo man did a great job involving the kids.


No comments:

Post a Comment