Sunday, August 27, 2017

Beautiful Things: Creations from the garden and my pottery class

Sometimes dinner is so pretty I just have to take a picture!  All from our garden - purple potatoes, carrots, and fennel.
 These figs were from our friend JD's garden. I made a fig and cream galette recipe that I have been wanting to try. So delicious! I can't wait for my fig tree to get big enough to produce like this.
 
 And my latest series of pottery...  My teacher says that this set is excellent, "like you just woke up one day and said 'Now I am a potter.'" Yay!  I do think it is my favorite work so far.  I have tried several different styles over the last 2 years and now I think I found my style.
 It is natural grey clay painted with white clay slip and then sgraffito designs drawn in. The sgraffito was really fun. Just like doodling.

 I  finally realised (duh) that I like the more natural look of transparent and clear glazes.

No comments:

Post a Comment