Sunday, June 25, 2017

My Dash: Missionaries over for dinner

We recently had the missionaries over for dinner. They taught a great lesson about the 5 parts of a testimony. I try to have them over about once a month. I know that they always bring a good spirit into our home and especially are excellent examples for my kiddos. I am glad that my parents have always been very enthusiastic about missionary work and invited the missionaries to our home regularly. I remember having the missionaries over when I was a little girl too. They shared the plan of salvation lesson with us and some church videos. That is also how I remember hearing my parents' conversion story for the first time, over dinner with the missionaries. I think that it helped build my testimony and encouraged me to want to be a missionary when I grew-up. We had one missionary from France and I was so interested to hear what things were like there and to learn more French words. (I started studying French in fourth grade because dad said that he would take me there when I learned to speak it fluently).  I remember sitting around that huge heavy dining room table that belonged to my ancestors and telling people about the button in the side that was used to call the servants.

No comments:

Post a Comment